Ever considered going away for the holiday season?
5 reasons you should treat yourself this Xmas
- With more flights and less than 6 hours away, Gambia offers a perfect winter sun destination
- You may not have a White Xmas but you will be able to relax in a hammock sipping an ice-cold drink.
- Be active outdoors in the sun and not watching endless reruns on TV.
- Snow on Xmas day happens rarely if at all. It’s usually just damp, dark and slushy. So book your flight, you might as well be here warm, cosy and feeling totally awesome!
- The only thing frozen at Footsteps during the holidays are our prices, that means it’s just £420 for one week in glorious sunshine. Breakfast included based on two sharing a double or twin room.
An example of our 2016 Xmas day menu.
Our staff really get into the spirit of Xmas, most are of course Islamic, however, this does not detract from their enthusiasm and the feeling that surrounds our Christian celebrations. So after the morning’s greetings and well wishes, we kick off the day with a Champagne breakfast followed by a guided walk with Sarani.
Our party proper starts at around 6 pm, dinner is an inclusive affair with everyone sitting together to enjoy a truly delicious slap-up meal.
When our appetites are fully satisfied, Xmas entertainment Gambian style begins 👏🏽
Drumming, dancing and a special appearance by Gunjur Gospel choir take us to bedtime, this is a holiday to remember always.
We wish you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!
Wherever you’re from and whatever your religious beliefs, myself, Linda and the whole team at Footsteps wish you the Happiest of Holidays and we look forward to welcoming you here at Footsteps in The Gambia very soon 🎅