A delicious Gambian Recipe
A traditional Gambian dish where the main ingredients are mustard and plenty of onions. If you prefer, you can replace the chicken with vegetables, fish or meat.
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 chillies, diced
- 6 large onions, diced
- 4 Maggi cubes
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 10 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup vinegar
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together bar the oil. Crush the Maggi before adding it to aid in the mixing.
- Allow the mix to sit in the fridge overnight preferably.
- Heat oil in a large non stick pan.
- Add marinade and juices back to the pan along with the chicken.
- Stirring constantly simmer for 45 minutes, the chicken should be cooked throughout and the onions soft and yellow.
- Serve with white rice.