Soso Beans Recipe
A delicious Gambian Recipe
One of the simplest and most delicious of the vegetarian healthy eating options.
- Dried black eyed beans
- 1 large diced onion
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 oz (85 g) tomato paste
- 3 oz (85 g) of cheese (any)
- Diced chilli (add to your taste)
- Fresh basil
- Pre-soak beans for 1-2 hours.
- In a frying pan, heat your oil and add the diced onion. When onion is beginning to soften add the chilli and minced garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and diced tomato. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add black eyed beans and a half cup of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Present as the picture above topped with cheese and fresh basil.