Safety measures | in our last update we talked about when it may be safe to travel and holiday in The Gambia once more. Because of the current situation regarding Covid19, we made a decision to delay opening our lodge until January 2021.
Our hope is that we will know by early December how The Gambia and the airlines are coping with managing the disease. Because you can now book with no-deposit and a full refund up until 2 weeks before travel, this will make decisions around the planning of your holiday much easier.
It also gives us more time to prepare and make the lodge a safe place for you to be.
Our safety measures plan
Having a designated COVID-19 compliance officer within the workplace is looking like becoming the new norm. This person/s will ensure we meet any instructions or rules issued by the Government to allow us to continue trading.
Our compliance officer is Dodou Touray ( General Manager )
The Return to Work Safely Protocol sets out specific duties including:
- Our duty to make sure safety measures are in place and being followed.
- Updating business and safety plans, including the business COVID-19 Response Plan, the occupational health and safety risk assessment and the safety statement. Include how to deal with a suspected case of COVID-19 in the safety plans and appoint a dedicated manager in charge of dealing with suspected cases.
- Develop, consult on, communicate and implement workplace changes or policies.
- Send out a pre-return to work form to employees at least 3 days before their return to work.
- Provide COVID-19 induction training for all staff.
- Put in place temperature testing in line with public health advice.
The Covid-19 compliance officer will ensure that this, and future protocols are being adhered to.
From the moment we pick you up and until we drop you off, you are assured of our care!
- The vehicle will be cleaned and disinfected for every trip
- Only people in your group will travel together .ie no car sharing
- The driver will wear a mask and you will be offered a mask
Food and drink safety
- Physical distancing at the lodge and in dining areas.
- Food can be delivered to the guest room upon request
- A La Carte dining only. No buffets.
General safety features.
- Our staff follow all safety protocols as directed by our local authority.
- Shared stationery such as menu’s, magazines and pens have been removed.
- Hand sanitiser is available in all key areas and guest rooms.
- Temperature checks for guests and staff
- Face masks available for guests and staff
- Cashless payment
- Physical distancing observed at all times
Cleaning and disinfecting
- Use of cleaning chemicals recommended being effective against Corona Virus.
- Heavy use areas such as toilets cleaned each hour
- Linen, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines.
- Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning.
- Guests have the option to cancel cleaning services for their room during their stay.
- Hand sanitiser in all rooms.
At this time some of our services such as massage will not be available at the lodge but hopefully by January we may see an easing of restrictions 😉
This is social distancing in The Gambia
COVID19 safety measures in place ✔️
Book now no deposit ✔️
Nothing to pay till one month before travel ✔️
Full refund if all goes wrong up to two weeks before travel ✔️
Join our member’s club and claim your FREE GIFT ✔️