Footsteps agrees and undertakes to protect the privacy of all users who:
- visit any website offered by Footsteps, including but not limited to www.footstepsinthegambia.com, all subdomains, current and future (“Website”);
- use mobile applications offered by Footsteps(“Applications”);
- use services provided by Footsteps (“Service”)
We do not sell your personal data.
No personal data is collected on or by this website. Footsteps Eco-Lodge will only contact you if you make an enquiry via the website.
We will only use the information you provided to respond to your enquiry and will never disclose, sell, trade or rent your personal information to an outside third party.
We automatically collect information about your visit to our site. This information is used to make your visit to us more efficient and for us to make regular improvements. Our external web host may also automatically log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on the use of the information, please contact us.
What data does Footsteps collect?
When you use The Footsteps Website
we may collect information, such as:
- your name, address, geographical location where you use your computer and mobile devices, your email address and other contact details;
- your IP-address, and, if applicable, the timestamp following your consent.
- user behaviour data.
In order to improve our Services and offer a higher quality and more personalized service, we may automatically collect certain information on your devices and activities, including:
- information on your visits to our Website, including the pages and resources you obtain and use on our Website, the website you have come from, the regions you surf our Website, and the web-pages you refer to (if applicable);
- information on your computer and Internet connections, including your IP-address, operating system, browser and language settings.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- web beacons. Our Website and emails may contain certain digital files, commonly known as web beacons, which allow us to calculate the number of users who visit the Website and other statistical data related to the Website (for example, to see what content is more popular on our Website and test the integrity of our system and server). The letters we send you may contain web beacon technologies, which inform us that you have received and/or opened the email, or clicked on the link in the letter.
How does Footsteps use data collected from you, and what is the legal basis for it?
Footsteps uses data collected from you for the following purposes:
To contact you following a request for more information about our services.
In all other cases, whenever we ask your consent, we will use your information for reasons that will be stated in due time.
Use of contact data
We can use your contact details to provide you with information, as well as send you marketing materials about our Service, products and services. Out of respect for your right to personal privacy, if, at any time, you decide that you do not wish to receive such information or messages from us, please, follow our guidelines to cancel your subscription in relevant emails. You may also refuse to receive marketing offers from us by sending us a request via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal basis for data use
If you are a visitor or user from the European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, our legal basis for the collection and use of personal data described above will depend on the relevant personal data and the specific context we are collecting it in. Nevertheless, we only collect your data when we have your consent, when we need it to enter into contract with you, or when its processing serves our legitimate interests. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect your data.
If you have any questions or require additional information on the legal basis we collect and use your data on, please contact us via the contact details stated in the section “How to Contact Us”.
You can revoke your consent at any time. The revocation of your consent will not affect the legitimacy of any processing that we have done up to the moment of your revocation. It will not affect the processing of your data performed in accordance to the legal conditions of the processing, other than the consent.
How does Footsteps process personal data?
The processing of your personal data is performed in compliance with the following principles and conditions:
- the processing is performed on a legal and fair basis;
- only personal data that meets the processing goals will be processed;
- personal data will be deleted or depersonalized after the processing goals have been reached or if there is no more need to reach such goals;
- collection, processing, transfer and storage of personal data is performed in accordance with personal data legislation, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
In our business, we proceed with the assumption that the owner of the personal data provides accurate and reliable information and, while using our Services, notifies us in due time of any changes to personal data.
Who do we share data with?
Joint use of data by our partners
Other share of data
We may also provide your data in the following situations:
- when you agree to such sharing / transfer;
- to any competent law-enforcement, regulating, government body, or court, or another third party if we believe that this transfer of information is required (i) in accordance with the legislation, court order, or an order of any other competent body (ii) to establish or protect our legal rights (iii) to protect your vital interests, or the interests of another party;
- when you agree to our sharing of your data with a third party while connecting to a third-party service;
- if this information is not personal, such as general information on your user profile and any related public data.
In what way and how long does Footsteps store data?
Your personal data and files are stored on secure servers and servers of the companies that we work with in order to provide you with our website. We store and use your data for the performance of our legal obligations, regulation of disputes. When we do not have the constant legal need for processing your data, we will either delete it or make it anonymous.
Does Footsteps transfer personal data across the border?
Footsteps Eco-Lodge Ltd is registered in The United Kingdom and hosting is with one.com, read their policy here, so user’s personal data may be processed in a country that is different to the user’s country of residence. If you use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world, where the legislation regulating the collection and storage of data may be different, please note, that your personal data may be transferred to other countries and processed in accordance with the legislation of that country. By using our Services or providing information through our Services, you allow us and our authorized service partners to use and process the provided information (including personal data) in the corresponding countries. Keep in mind that privacy protection and the rights of government authorities and institutions for access to such information may be different in some of these countries from your country of residence.
If you are a resident of the EU/EEA country or Switzerland, you agree to the transfer of your personal data to countries outside the EU.
How does Footsteps ensure data confidentiality and security?
We are highly concerned with the security of your data privacy. We take various appropriate technical, administrative and processing security measures to ensure the protection of your personal data, preventing data misuse and leaks, such as:
- we limit access of our employees, contractors and agents to personal data. In addition, we impose strict contractual obligations upon them, for the violation of which they will be subject to sanctions, and so on.
At the same time, keep in mind that no security measures are absolutely perfect and impenetrable. We put reasonable efforts into ensuring the security of our systems; but we cannot and we do not guarantee that your personal data will not be accessed, viewed, revealed, altered or destroyed through violations of our administrative, physical and electronic warranties. In the case of a leak, we will notify you via email or by placing a special notice on our Website in the shortest possible time stipulated for by the legislation. If you know of any vulnerability in the security system or of potential data violation, please contact us immediately at email@example.com, and we will take relevant steps to eliminate this incident, once it is required.
You must also understand that transfer of information via the Internet cannot be completely secure. We cannot guarantee the safety of data you send via our Services while it is being transferred via the Internet. Any such provision of personal data occurs at your own risk.
If you publish comments or content on our Service, any data that can identify you, may be read, collected or used by others users of our Service, as well as other parties. Footsteps is not liable for the information you choose to display on such platforms, and we cannot guarantee that other users will not copy and/or use your information outside the Service.
What rights do you have in personal data matters?
You reserve the right to amend, delete or limit (stop any active) processing of your personal data, refuse processing; and receive personal data you give us for contract purpose or with your consent in a structured, machine-readable format, and ask for the provision (transfer) of this data to another controller.
We respect your right to privacy, so you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time:
- to request the change, correction or deletion of any data related to you (for example, if you believe that your data is incorrect, you may request it to be corrected or deleted).
- Your request will be processed within the time period stipulated by the applicable laws.
These rights may be limited, for example, if the fulfilment of your request reveals personal data of another user or if your request to delete data refers data we are required to store in accordance with the legislation or for our legitimate interests (for example, to prevent fraud).
If you believe that you have been injured in the processing of your personal data by Footsteps, you may also contact the Data Protection Officer of Footsteps who is appointed in accordance with Article 37 of the EU GDPR:
David White ( Owner )
Granary End, Hill Grove Lane,
Mobile: +44 (0) 7514241099
If you are unsatisfied with the response or are sure that we are collecting and processing your data in violation of the law, you can file a complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For further details, please refer to your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests of individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us?
You can also contact us at the following address:
Granary End, Hill Grove Lane